“God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience.
I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will…
a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notion of what He is up to.”
In exactly one week I turn that age. 25. I’m not where I thought I’d be, but I’m glad for where I am. The past year was the worst most wonderful year, and as I look back it’s hard to believe everything happened in only 365 days. I was broken and persevered, and as Mr. Charles Spurgeon said, “I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages.” I wouldn’t trade that for the world. Here are some wonderful things I learned or experienced in 2012:
» Forgiveness is essential, but it takes time.
» I am blessed and so grateful to call some of the dearest people friends.
» My biggest fears are of what I want the most, so I need to be myself and not fear man.
» WWOOFing was an incredible experience, but I now know I’m not cut out to be a farmer :)
» Guys and girls can’t be “just” friends. Haven’t you seen When Harry Met Sally?! *
» Classes started today, but I didn’t have to go. I can get used to this whole college graduate thing!
*No need to watch if you haven’t :)
Recipe time! These little bowls are equally refreshing as they are creamy. Citrus season is in full swing, so grapefruit, lemon, mandarine orange, and clementine would all be delicious!
4 navel oranges
1 c coconut milk
1/3 c honey
Juice oranges and freeze the skin halves. Blend orange juice with remaining ingredients and freeze in ice cube trays. Process frozen cubes until smooth and fill frozen orange halves. Enjoy!
Things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Verses like Psalm 62:5-8
“My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.”
2. Finding gems in The True Woman by Susan Hunt like,
“Happy, happy hour will that be, my dearest of all created blessings, that shall unite our happy souls and bodies in the blessed bonds of marriage and enable us to walk through all the scenes of this life mutually supporting, blessing and assisting each other in the way of duty, until we shall at last be called off the stage to enjoy an eternity of happiness in the world of blessed spirits above.” Mary Fish, Puritan
3. Working with some hilarious farm hands and laughing till I nearly cry.
4. My second week to make lunch on Wednesdays! It’s been so fun making huge amounts of food for the interns and the farmer’s family. Great practice to say the least :)
5. Blueberries! Second round of fruit on the farm. Next, melons!
6. Design talk and getting to know P and E more : )
7. Nerdy movie outing (only been waiting to see since the closing credits of the last one!!!!!!!) to see The Dark Knight Rises with P and E, K, and C.
8. Quite Saturdays off from work and the reassuring comfort from a God that cannot lie and loves more than any other.
Raw Goats Milk & Raspberry Creamsicles
2 1/2 c raw goats milk
1/2 c honey
1/2 c raspberries
Blend all ingredients, pour into popsicle molds, freeze, and enjoy on a hot day!